Q & A
Q: Why are your products easier to recycle?
- A: They can be recycled with various different recyclable fiber categories without the need to separate plastics in recycling facility.
Q: What does easily recyclable mean?
- A: The product is easily repulped in the repulping process without the need to separate plastics in recycling facility.
Q: Why no one has made a product like this before?
- A: Advances in barrier chemistry and innovative technological solutions have made it possible to answer to this ecological and economical demand.
Q: How does Kotkamills ensure that the used fiber stays in circular economy?
- A: Our product concept aims ensure that recycling and the re-use of fiber is made as easy as possible. We are working together with the rest of the industry to raise the awareness and plan the easiest way of our products recyclability. We have for example made recycling boxes for our cupstock products.
Q: Why should we reduce the size of our waste footprint?
- A: Waste footprint can be clearly seen in nature and in the worst case litter can end up in our food.
Q: What type of wood do you use?
- A: Both birch and coniferous trees.
Q: How have you made sure that the wood fiber is being re-used?
- A: Our product is easy to repulp and recycle in order to enable the precious material to be used again. We are working together with the rest of the industry to raise the awareness and plan the easiest ways of our products recyclability. We have for example made recycling boxes for our cupstock products.
Q: Do AEGLE™ Barrier Light products contain plastics?
- A: There are no plastics in the product. Plastics are made from a polymeric modified material. Our dispersion coated products are not modified.
Q: Many products contain harmful chemicals that can migrate to food. Does your product contain any of these chemicals?
- A: Our products are certified for food product usage. They do not contain any fluorochemicals or waxes harmful to health.
Q: For how long does your material withstand liquids?
- A: AEGLE™ Barrier Light products are not meant for liquids. Our line of ISLA™ products is suited for hot and cold liquids.
Q: How are the consumer boards sealed in a way that they don’t leak?
- A: Cupstock is hot sealed. Usually other products are glued.
Q: How large is your production capacity?
Q: How long did the product development took?
Q: Does the product hold grease?
- A: Different products have different levels of grease resistance that are valued through ASTM F119 standard tests. Because our products do not contain any harmful fluorochemicals we are unable to do the traditional KIT test. The products have been successfully tested with popcorn, French fries and hamburger packaging.
Q: How long does it take for the product to disintegrate in natural conditions?
- A: Industrial testing procedure takes up to 6 months.
Q: What certificates does the product have?
- A: ISO 9001, ISO 14001, ISO 22000 and product related compliance documents for food safety.